Know if web your server is ready
Please make sure that your web server fulfills these requirements before GPTEngine is installed.
What you need to run GPTEngine
The requirements to install and run GPTEngine on your web server are pretty much standard among most hosting companies nowadays, so basically any professional hosting server should do the job quite nicely.
- Operating system: Linux
- Web server: Apache with CGI, htaccess, mod_rewrite and OpenSSL enabled
- Database server: MySQL version 5.0.x and up
- Mail server: sendmail (or fully compatible)
- PHP (for plugins): versions 4.x or 5.x (recommended)
- Other server software: cURL with SSL enabled
- Processor: Intel compatible (x86) 32 or 64 bit
- Memory: 128 MB or more
- Disk space: about 50 MB for the initial setup
- GPTEngine must be installed in the root folder of a domain or sub-domain
- The cgi-bin folder must be located inside the public root directory (not aside)