Assuming you have a working Apache+MySQL+PHP server on your local (private) machine
(installing and configuring a web/database server is beyond the scope of this documentation), extract your
downloaded GPTEngine setup file and proceed as follows:
Locate the target document root folder on your web server setup. It will be
something like /var/www/.
Make sure your cgi-bin folder is configured to be "inside" your document root folder.
- Backup any relevant files on your HTTP server before copying files.
Go to the data folder in the extracted GPTEngine setup folder and copy
any files and folders to your document root folder, except the cgi-bin folder.
Inside the data folder, go to cgi-bin and then go further to the
folder with the name of your operating system, processor type and MySQL version
(ex: linux/64bit/mysql51) and copy its contents to the cgi-bin folder
on your document root folder.
Set the permissions for some files as follows:
- 666 for the robots.txt file
- 666 for the gpte/css/cms_style.css file
- 666 for the gpte/jscripts/gpte_layout.js file
- 777 (recursively) for the gpte/plugins folder
- 777 (recursively) for the gpte/themes folder
- 666 for the cgi-bin/gpte.aux file
- 777 for the cgi-bin/tmp folder
- 755 for the cgi-bin/*.cgi files
- Run the installer.